Professor Sybill Patricia Trelawney (b. 9 March, 1964) was a pure-blood witch, an alcoholic and the Professor of Divination at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry beginning in September 1981.
Professor Trelawney continued to teach well into the 2010s, continuing her tradition of predicting the deaths of her students. Since Firenze was welcomed back to his herd, it is possible that she taught Divination on her own again.
Sybill had frizzy, curly, wild brown hair and smooth, pale skin. Her eyes were a deep, dark green and were magnified to twice her usual size by the large glasses she wore. She is very tall and extremely thin.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In the films, Sybill died in the Battle of Hogwarts; however, Pottermore later clarifies her survival.
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Pottermore - See this article
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 As she was of age by 1981 but was still described by her employer Albus Dumbledore as still being young, it is likely that she had only just come of age that year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 She is the granddaughter of a celebrated Seer Cassandra Trelawney, and was permitted to stay at Hogwarts as a teacher during the pure-blood regime.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (film) - Scene 7 (Tea Leaves)
- ↑ See this interview transcription
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Chapter 25 (The Seer Overheard)
- ↑ 9 March, 2014: Happy Birthday Professor Trelawney!
- ↑ J.K. Rowling and the Live Chat, Bloomsbury.com, 30 July, 2007
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - Chapter 6 (Talons and Tea Leaves)
- ↑ Pottermore - From the Story: Professor Trelawney