Horace was an immensely fat, grandly overweight short old man. He was bald, but had a very bushy silver moustache. His gooseberry-green eyes were prominent and bulging, and he wore silk and velvet.
Personality and traitsEdit
Horace enjoyed prestige and comfort, and had a grand desire for luxury. Although he was a genial person at heart, he had an unfortunate habit of rudeness and bluntness when speaking to those he thought he knew well.
Magical abilities and skillsEdit
- Charms: Horace was able, in a matter of seconds, to noiselessly demolish a room with a variety of charms and enchantments. He could then, with some small assistance, immediately repair all of the damages, even managing to return liquids to their containers.
- Dark Magic: He was also capable of casting the Dark Mark, the symbol of Voldemort, and was proficient enough in this area of magic that the Death Eaters tried for years to recruit him.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Horace's wand may have been made of chestnut and dragon heartstring, a combination that is noted by skilled wandmaker Garrick Ollivander to choose those who have a grand fondness for luxury and material things and who are unfortunately not entirely as scrupulous as they ought to be about how those luxuries are obtained.
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (film)
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 As he was noted by Molly Weasley to have begun teaching the same time as Albus Dumbledore, but was noted by Dumbledore not to be as old as him.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Pottermore - New From J. K. Rowling - Pure-Blood
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Chapter 4 (Horace Slughorn)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Chapter 8 (Snape Victorious)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince - Chapter 7 (The Slug Club)