|Hermione Jean Granger|
5 ft, 5 in
Hermione Jean Granger (her-MY-oh-knee GRAYN-jer)(b. 19 September, 1979) was a British Muggle-born witch, the only daughter of two professional dentists, who picked a very unusual name for her to prove their own cleverness. Hermione was the best friend of Harry Potter and Ronald Weasley throughout their entire school career, remembered for her eccentric academic brilliance.
Hermione eventually married Ronald Weasley, with whom she was less than content; the two occasionally had to have very serious marriage counselling. At times, Hermione wondered if she would not have been better off with Harry after all, and it was perhaps this that made her keep her maiden name after marriage. Despite this, she and Ron had two children, Rose and Hugo, whom they both loved very dearly.
In their youth, Hermione found Ron rather attractive, but as time passed, she matured. She married Ron mostly out of wish fulfillment, chiefly because she had once wanted to marry him and didn't want things to change. However, they fought often and fought terribly, and sometimes the combative aspect of their arguments became too strong. They regularly attended marriage counselling, with Ron trying to work on his self-esteem and Hermione on her controlling nature. Although they ended up being fine, Hermione would always prefer Harry as a mate and Ron as a mere friend.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Hermione would see the trio alive and unscathed, Voldemort defeated and herself hugging "a certain someone" if she'd ever looked in the Mirror of Erised.
- J. K. Rowling saw Hermione as being one of the most vulnerable characters, with a many weaknesses through her academically brilliant personality.
- Hermione's parents planned for her to have a younger sister, but this never happened.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 See this birthday archive
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Had she been born in 1980, she would be attending Hogwarts the year after Harry and Ron, as her birthday is after the start of the school year.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 See this image from the Harry Potter Limited Edition
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (Chapter Seven - Mudbloods and Murmurs)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Epilogue - Nineteen Years Later)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (Chapter Six - The Journey from Platform Nine and Three Quarters)
- ↑ J. K. Rowling's Official Site: Wands
- ↑ J. K. Rowling's Official Site: Hermione's Wand
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Chapter 27 (The Centaur and the Sneak)
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 2007 LeakyCauldron Interview
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone - Chapter 7 (The Sorting Hat)
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Chapter Seven - The Will of Albus Dumbledore)
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Emma Watson Twitter
- ↑ 14.0 14.1 14.2 14.3 14.4 AcciOQuote! - Hermione
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2 15.3 15.4 15.5 15.6 JKR Expresses Regret Pairing Ron and Hermione at Wonderland