- "The pain was so intense, so all-consuming, that he no longer knew where he was ... white-hot knives were piercing every inch of his skin, his head was surely going to burst with pain; he was screaming more loudly than he'd ever screamed in his life ... "
The Cruciatus Curse (Crucio) is a curse that can be used to cause immense pain, to the point of torture, to whomever the caster's wand is pointing at. The Cruciatus, Imperius and Killing Curses are categorised in a group known as the "Unforgivable Curses", because the use of any of the three would result in a lifetime sentence in Azkaban Prison.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows