Mr Cedric Diggory (Pronounced SED-rick DIG-uh-ree) (October, 1977 - 24 June, 1995) was an English pure-blood wizard and one of the four contestants in the 1994 Triwizard Tournament at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.
Sorted into Hufflepuff House at Hogwarts, Cedric died at the age of seventeen during the Third Task of the Tournament, quickly and vindictively murdered by Peter Pettigrew, on the orders of Lord Voldemort.
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (film)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 This means that his first year there coincided with the 1989-1990 school year. Hogwarts students are only admitted to the school at age 11, so, they are Sorted on the 1 September immediately following their 11th birthday. This means that Cedric was born necessarily after 1 September 1977, or else he would have started at Hogwarts in the 1988-1989 school year (making him a seventh-year student in 1994-1995). No students under the age of 17 could enter the Triwizard Tournament. Cedric entered Tournament without any incident, so, we can conclude that must have been 17 or older by 31 October 1994 (the day that the Champions were selected by the Goblet of Fire): if he was born any later than 31 October 1977, than he could not have entered the Tournament.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 As he was seventeen years old in 1994.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 26 (The Second Task)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 31 (The Third Task)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 He is the son of a pure-blood wizard and a witch; there is another wizard in history sharing his surname (Eldritch Diggory); and Rubeus Hagrid stated that Harry Potter would be the only non-pure-blood Champion in the Tournament.
- ↑ Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 6 (The Portkey)
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 18 (The Weighing of the Wands)