Arabella Doreen Figg was a Squib and a liaison between the Muggle and magical worlds for Albus Dumbledore, leader of the Order of the Phoenix. She also sold Half-Kneazles, making her living through this industry. She used these intelligent creatures, which were capable of understanding human speech, to watch Harry Potter after the Death of Cedric Diggory in 1995.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- J. K. Rowling's Official Site
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Chapter 8 (The Hearing)
- ↑ There is ample evidence to suggest that her husband (and she did have a husband at one point; she is "Mrs" Figg) is deceased; she is elderly and was part of the first Order of the Phoenix, and thus might have been a target for the Death Eaters, although this is speculative; the Scholastic site describes her as a stereotypical widow: elderly, used to babysit with lots of cats.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Chapter 1 (Dudley Demented)
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 J. K. Rowling's Official Site - Extra Stuff: Squibs