When Amos graduated, he began a career at the British Ministry of Magic, in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures. He worked there for fourteen years, and sometime throughout met his future wife.
Marriage and parenthoodEdit
In January of 1977, Mrs Diggory became pregnant with a baby boy, who was born in October of that year. Amos was extremely proud of his son and cared deeply for him. The family continued to live in the village of Ottery St Catchpole, just over the hill from the Weasley, Lovegood and Fawcett families.
Amos continued working at the Ministry, sobered by his son's death but determined to keep a living for his wife and self. Even after Voldemort seized control of the Ministry, Amos kept on working, although it is unknown how the Death Eaters' regime affected him.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Amos is portrayed by Jeff Rawle in the films and is portrayed as being quieter and more amicable than his book counterpart.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 As he is the same age as Arthur Weasley born in this year, referring to him as "son" in the fourth film and this being a sign of greeting for one who is the same age as the greeter.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 24 (Rita Skeeter's Scoop)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 31 (The Third Task)
- ↑ 4.00 4.01 4.02 4.03 4.04 4.05 4.06 4.07 4.08 4.09 4.10 4.11 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - Chapter 6 (The Portkey)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (film)
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 As family members are always sorted into the same houses (except where explicitly identified).
- ↑ Cedric's first year at Hogwarts coincided with the 1989-1990 school year. Hogwarts students are only admitted to the school at age 11, so, they are Sorted on the 1 September immediately following their 11th birthday. This means that Cedric was born necessarily after 1 September 1977, or else he would have started at Hogwarts in the 1988-1989 school year (making him a seventh-year student in 1994-1995). No students under the age of 17 could enter the Triwizard Tournament. Cedric entered Tournament without any incident, so, we can conclude that must have been 17 or older by 31 October 1994 (the day that the Champions were selected by the Goblet of Fire): if he was born any later than 31 October 1977, than he could not have entered the Tournament.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 Jeff Rawle at IMDb