|4 Privet Drive|
4 Privet Drive, colloquially referred to as Number Four, Privet Drive, was the neat, proper square house owned by the Dursley family: Vernon, Petunia and Dudley. Harry Potter, the nephew of Vernon and Petunia, also resided here after the death of his parents.
Author J. K. Rowling has never been fond of the number four, which is why she used it for the unkindly Dursley family's house. The street, Privet Drive, is named after a very suburban plant, the privet bush, a hedge which usually encloses gardens at English houses; she found this very fitting with the Dursleys' determination to remain separate from the wizarding world.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows